Thursday, April 3, 2014

Volunteers Raise Hope Higher



The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
-- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

April 6 – 12 is National Volunteer Week and although we aim to thank our volunteers throughout the year, we are giving this special group some extra attention this week.  Our volunteers enable Hope For The Warriors® to help more people, reach more military families, and work more closely with veterans— all on fewer donated dollars.  The positive impact of our volunteers is tremendous.
Our volunteers are gracious with their time and shy away from the recognition they deserve.  We asked a few volunteers why they help our organization and shared some of their response below.  Each volunteer thinks nothing of the time and energy they spend to support service members and military families.  They are humble and grateful for the opportunity to give back.

Why do you volunteer?  Please let us know!  Post on our Facebook or Twitter page.  Be sure to tag us and include #HopeVolunteer

We are grateful for the service and expertise that each volunteer brings to our organization. Thank you!

Bill Koch speak with middle school students
Steven volunteered to serve, we feel like we have been drafted to pick up the baton and carry on with his mission to serve.
--Bill Koch, Gold Star Father

Volunteering my time with Hope For The Warriors® allows me to give back to the men and women who have or are serving our Country, but most of all to help the families who make a tremendous sacrifice sharing their loved one for us to live in a free democracy. Lending a helping hand or supporting an event makes me feel whole because it is not about me, but about the people you meet, the friendships you develop and the memories you have for a lifetime.
--Sharon Schmucker

Karla leads Team H4W in Tampa

I volunteer to serve those who have served us to protect our freedom. 
--Karla Malone

I volunteer for Hope For The Warriors® because it is an organization that has become near and dear to me. The level of commitment and love demonstrated by my peers drives me to aim higher every day. I choose Hope For The Warriors® because the amount of passion shown is unmatched.
-- Miranda Dillworth

Paul and Sally Kelly after the Marine Corps Marathon
We are simply grateful.  The meager actions we carry out are just one way to express our gratitude:  gratitude for the freedom our service men and women protect; gratitude for the sacrifices of the wounded, their families, and the families of the fallen; and grateful for the privilege of being a part of such a great organization that returns so much into the lives of these heroes that have had so much taken from them.
--Paul and Sally Kelly

I volunteer because it is the best way I know how to say 'thank you' to all of the service members who put their lives on the line for me.
--Risa Garcia

First, I volunteer to help pay my share of the debt I feel I owe those who have been wounded protecting a way of life that I have enjoyed and want my grandchildren to enjoy. Second, If I'm going to volunteer my time and talents, I want to know that nearly a 100% of what I do or give or raise is directly benefiting those wounded and their families.Third, I enthusiastically volunteer for Hope for the Warriors because their mission is in complete concert with mine and I know their leadership will help me fulfill my reasons one and two.
--Bud Pitzer








No comments:

Post a Comment