Monday, November 25, 2013

Giving Thanks


Some of our favorite stories involve kids.  Today's blog was written by Stephen.  He shares how he showed his thanks and appreciation this Thanksgiving to the men and women in our military.

 
Hi my name is Stephen and I go to St Andrews Avellino's, a Catholic School in Flushing NY. I am in the process of going through my Confirmation and one of my requirements is to do 20 hours of community service. Well I asked my Mom if she thought I could do something for Hope For The Warriors as she has been involved in different events with them, and I know she enjoys giving back.  When she said yes I could do something, I asked my friends and family to create Thanksgiving cards for our military soldiers. I didn't ask anyone to write my words, but their words and thoughts they felt for our military folks who would not be home with their friends and family for the holiday.


 

I enjoyed making the cards and would like to make bracelets for Christmas as a small token of the sacrifices they and their family has made to protect our country, to protect us. I guess it comes naturally as my Mom, Dad and Brother were all in the New York City Police Department serving the City and putting their lives on the line to make sure people were safe.

Have a Healthy, Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving

Stephen


Stephen's Mom helps
 

No comments:

Post a Comment