Thursday, August 8, 2013

Core Challenger: Meet Steve S.


Have you read about the Do More With Your Core Challenge?  Now meet some of the challengers!

Name:  Steve S.

From:  Long Island, New York

Background:  Steve joined the Army in 2003 as a combat military police officer and deployed to Afghanistan in 2004.  He suffered from some injuries but still deployed again in 2007, this time to Iraq.  He is a criminal justice major at Long Island University and also works for the Department of Veterans Affairs. 

Why Steve has joined the challenge

“I love to run, ride my road bike and participate in any other events that are fun and adventurous. The reason I love supporting this event is that it brings veterans and supporters from all over the US together to do one common thing and that is to do sit-ups. Another reason is that it keeps me active and doing something that I wouldn't normally do because of my injuries. It gets me motivated to become more and more active."
Steve was already an active member of Team Hope For The Warriors.  The photo above was taken at the Trislip Super Sprint Triathalon this summer.
Donate to Steve's Core Challenge Page today!



No comments:

Post a Comment