Throughout the year, HOPE staff and volunteers have worked tirelessly to address the needs of thousands of military families. Here are just 10 reasons for you to donate to Hope For The Warriors® today!
1. A large percent of your donated dollars goes directly to programs that support military families. Review our financial information on Charity Navigator and visit our website to review our Annual Report or 990s.
2. More than 52,000 service members have been wounded in combat according to the Department of Defense. Their needs will continue for many years.
3. Hope For The Warriors® provides a full cycle of program support to restore self, family, and hope to the entire military family. Review our Service Portfolio to learn more.
4. Thousands of veterans are diagnosed with post-traumatic stress or traumatic brain injury each year. Still thousands more struggle undiagnosed. Our programs support the entire military family as they face these challenges.
5. More than 65% of the HOPE staff is connected to the military. Our staff members are veterans themselves or the spouse, caregiver, child, or parent of a service member. We know the joys and challenges of military life.
6. Nearly 5,400 service members have been killed in action. Hope For The Warriors® supports the families of the fallen as they struggle with the loss of their loved one. Each is a member of the HOPE family.
7. Hope For The Warriors® assists service members, veterans, and military families from every branch of service. We work closely with VA caseworkers, military commands, inpatient facilities, other nonprofits, and community leaders.
8. Program support has been granted to families in all 50 states. No matter where our veterans live, we are there for them.
9. We offer yearlong events across the country for veterans that want to continue the cycle of support to other service members by volunteering, enhancing their health with an active lifestyle, or networking within the community.
10. Because it is our duty and privilege to give our heroes HOPE.
Your support made a huge difference to our service members and their families in 2014, so please consider a donation today to continue the impact in 2015!